2009-01-06

I Have Seen The Future

While everyone else fawns over or complains about Apple's latest products, over at CDM, I'm reading about something really exciting.

Turns out that there are some amazing developments in multi-touch controllers. You must watch the video. If you're not technical, sucks to be you but just tune out the technical stuff at the front end but do stay tuned for the playing demos.

One of the points of tension between instrument players and electronic musicians is that the former feel that electronics lack the expressiveness of real instruments. And if I'm to be honest, they have a point. But with a controller such as this I see that argument losing all validity and I could even imagine being able drive guitar samples in believable ways (something of a holy grail in my mind).

Randall Jones is da man behind this wonder and he's on his way to a prominent place in music history ebooks.

No comments: